, pub-2782336357453463, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

Who pays for Legel Aid?

Legel Aid in the Northwest Territories is provided by the Legel Services Board of the Northwest Territories pursuant to the Legal Services Act. Legal Aid is funded by both the GNWT and the Government of Canada.

Depending on your ability to pay, you may be required to pay some or all of the costs of your case. If you receive money or property at the end of your case, you will be required to pay costs towards your case. However, you may appeal the decision about how much you have to pay.